Sometime in the next day or so, Hot Topic will be moving to a new server and getting a spiffy new look. I’ll do my best to ensure that there’s little or no break in service, but given that my techno-competence is strictly limited there may be a hiatus – with luck only brief. There’s also the risk that some comments may get lost, especially any made after I’ve exported the blog to the new WordPress install. Tweaking the look will then take some time… so please bear with me in this, my hour of panic.
Move on up
by Gareth on August 18, 2008
Hot TweetsMy Tweets
- IPCC WG3: it does not cost the world to save the planet (16)
- Citibanker: the age of renewables is here (14)
- noelfuller: That is nuclear plus pumped storage if ever although maybe never...
- andyS: Nuclear is not a good choice to balance intermittent renewables such...
- nigelj: Nuclear power is proposed by some as a possibility as baseload to...
- Thomas: For the moment though, installing PV makes perfect sense. And every...
- John ONeill: I think Hagen’s PV setup in Waitati does roughly double in...
- noelfuller: Your case on nuclear sounds like a compelling argument. With...
- Lip service: it’s all climate action ever gets from Key & Co (21)
- bill: And let’s hear from a Nobel Prize winning economist, shall we?:...
The Aviator is Gareth's latest book -- the first in a series set in The Burning World. Cover artist Dylan Horrocks describes it as: "a light-hearted journey (by state-of-the-art airship) around a world transformed by climate change and subsequent political collapse. Rock God Evangelists, super-rich survivalists, back-to-nature primitivists, heavily armed luddites, goats with the secret of eternal youth, and a horny artificial intelligence with a taste for bluegrass and classic Hollywood films; The Aviator is a Gulliver-esque romp through a future we hope won’t come to pass."
"A winning combination of wit and insight" - Michael E Mann
"A brilliant and wickedly satirical romp through a post-climate change world" - Sonny Whitelaw
The first 11,838 words (count 'em, if you don't believe me) of The Aviator are available free of charge from the author's web site.
Don't delay, try it today!
Subscribe to Hot Topic
Support Hot Topic
- Puppets on a string: US think tank funds NZ sceptics 78,315 views
- NZ sceptics lie about temp records, try to smear top scientist 62,330 views
- Support John Abraham 55,180 views
- Domestic solar PV: practical for NZ? 40,300 views
- Powerman: solar PV, net metering and seeing the light in New Zealand 37,962 views
- We did it and it's going to get worse, but it's not (yet) too late: IPCC AR5 science report summary released 34,043 views
- NZ climate cranks' trust folded, Brill et al try to escape justice 31,571 views
- People talkin' about science (and water) 30,144 views
- Cranks lose court case against NZ temperature record, NIWA awarded costs 27,754 views
- Prat watch #13: still crazy, after all these years 27,198 views
Tag cloudACT agriculture Antarctica Arctic Arctic sea ice Australia Bob Carter Book reviews carbon CO2 coal Copenhagen cranks energy ETS EV extremes Greenland Hansen Heartland Hot Hot Topic ice IPCC John Key methane Monckton NASA National Nick Smith NIWA NZ NZ C"S"C ocean renewable RMA Rodney Hide sea sea level temperature Topic Treadgold USA warming wind