Sometime in the next day or so, Hot Topic will be moving to a new server and getting a spiffy new look. I’ll do my best to ensure that there’s little or no break in service, but given that my techno-competence is strictly limited there may be a hiatus – with luck only brief. There’s also the risk that some comments may get lost, especially any made after I’ve exported the blog to the new WordPress install. Tweaking the look will then take some time… so please bear with me in this, my hour of panic.
Move on up
by Gareth on August 18, 2008
Hot TweetsMy Tweets
- A tale of two hemispheres
- Climate Action Tracker analysis: NZ emissions targets inadequate, not doing our fair share
- Renwick on NZ’s 11% cut: follow us down the path to catastrophe
- NZ emissions target announced: unambitious, ineffective and morally repugnant
- NZ’s Paris emissions commitments should be 40% by 2030 and 100% (or more) by 2050
The Aviator is Gareth's latest book -- the first in a series set in The Burning World. Cover artist Dylan Horrocks describes it as: "a light-hearted journey (by state-of-the-art airship) around a world transformed by climate change and subsequent political collapse. Rock God Evangelists, super-rich survivalists, back-to-nature primitivists, heavily armed luddites, goats with the secret of eternal youth, and a horny artificial intelligence with a taste for bluegrass and classic Hollywood films; The Aviator is a Gulliver-esque romp through a future we hope won’t come to pass."
"A winning combination of wit and insight" - Michael E Mann
"A brilliant and wickedly satirical romp through a post-climate change world" - Sonny Whitelaw
The first 11,838 words (count 'em, if you don't believe me) of The Aviator are available free of charge from the author's web site.
Don't delay, try it today!
Subscribe to Hot Topic
Support Hot Topic
- Puppets on a string: US think tank funds NZ sceptics 101,177 views
- NZ sceptics lie about temp records, try to smear top scientist 86,557 views
- Support John Abraham 70,045 views
- We did it and it’s going to get worse, but it’s not (yet) too late: IPCC AR5 science report summary released 59,374 views
- Domestic solar PV: practical for NZ? 58,651 views
- Powerman: solar PV, net metering and seeing the light in New Zealand 50,907 views
- When asses go to law 41,249 views
- NZ climate cranks’ trust folded, Brill et al try to escape justice 37,758 views
- Prat watch #13: still crazy, after all these years 37,643 views
- People talkin’ about science (and water) 36,413 views
Tag cloudACT agriculture Antarctica Arctic Arctic sea ice Australia Bob Carter Book reviews carbon CO2 coal Copenhagen cranks emissions energy ETS EV extremes Greenland Hansen Heartland Hot Hot Topic ice IPCC John Key methane Monckton NASA National Nick Smith NIWA NZ NZ C"S"C ocean renewable RMA Rodney Hide sea sea level temperature Topic USA warming wind